Sunday, February 10, 2008

New York - Part 2: Niagara Falls - New York side

We were really excited to be heading to Canada - too bad they don't have to stamp your passport anymore, we took ours anyway, just in case.First we had to cross this bridge onto Goat Island. We stopped at the state park to view the Falls from the U.S. before we crossed the border.There was a statue of Nikola Tesla - I don't know much about him, but he was in the movie The Prestige and was a pretty important inventor who designed the first hydro-electric power plant in Niagara Falls.
Jess & me on Goat Island.
We took a tour down to the Cave of the Winds.

They take you down in an elevator. When the weather is nice, they let you walk up these wooden walkways right to the bottom of the Falls. We were about a week or two too late so this is as far as we were allowed to go.Before I left for the trip, my Grandma kept reminding me to be careful and not get to close to the Falls because I might fall in. Well, I took this picture just to make her nervous. Jess and I took several "daring" pictures and made a collage for her for Christmas.



Right over Horseshoe Falls the mist was making icicles on all the trees and bushes.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, how I want to take another fun vacation!!! I love these pictures.

    ReplyDelete