Saturday, December 09, 2006

Yay for Christmas music!!

I'm one of those people who used to hate when radio stations would play Christmas music before Thanksgiving. I think it's because I was in school and was always distracted by papers and classes and finals, that I never really was exposed to the Christmas spirit, or at least was never ready for it.

But this year, being away from school, it brought such joy to my heart the first time I heard the radio, and yes, it was a couple of days before Thanksgiving!! But I think that I've been missing what Christmas was really about for the last couple of years. It is a time to celebrate Jesus, what Christ is doing in all of our lives, and to be w/ those you love.

Cliches are so annoying, but I find myself realizing they are usually true!! One is how much faster time seems to pass each year. Being out of college definitly sped up that feeling. A semester used to seem to take such a long time, but I'm realizing that another one has passed-and I can't remember where all that time went! It's weird to grow up, to move on to new phases of life......and it will only continue to happen.


Anyway, hope you all have a very Merry Christmas! Good luck w/ finals everyone!!

1 comment:

  1. dude - definately love christmas music...we have not turned off 104.1 for an entire week! and at home, i downloaded AOL XM Radio for free...and now i can listen to it all night long!

    remind me to tell you about pandora...it's even BETTER!

    ReplyDelete