Friday, August 17, 2007

I'm a WINNER!

Today was Fair Day at work. We had a celebration complete with hot dogs, snacks, casual dress day - meaning t-shirts were okay!, and we ended the day with a butter sculpting contest.

I know, I know, only in Iowa.
(I'm not a fair aficionado, so maybe it's not only in Iowa???)

Anyway, I wasn't real sure about my feelings for sculpting things in butter, but I thought, could be fun. And my break just happened to fall right in the time allowed for construction. I don't think of myself as a super creative person, yet I have my quirks. So I decided to follow a route that proved successful in the past.

I sculpted a penguin out of my stick of butter. I even made a semi-circle igloo home for my friend. (Misch and I had carved a penguin in our pumpkin at Halloween last year.)

And I won 1st prize!

I wish I had a picture of the winning sculpture, but I don't have a camera here at work. Plus, by now all of the creations may have melted. Maybe I'll figure out a way to sneak a shot w/ my camera phone.....unless they've already found their way into a trash can!

No comments:

Post a Comment