Wednesday, August 22, 2007

39 hours and counting....

....And I will be in San Diego with Katie!

I am excited for several reasons:

1) I haven't seen Katie since March and in that time she has gotten ENGAGED, decided to move to TENNESSEE and I am looking forward to all the DETAILS!!

2) I haven't taken a vacation for a very long time. I'm so ready to get anywhere outside of Iowa, just for a change of scenery. It will be quick, but hopefully full and refreshing.

3) We are hopefully going to visit the Museum of Natural History's exhibit on the Dead Sea Scrolls. They are something I have wanted to see, pretty much since I learned they existed (and found out what they were!). Unfortunatly I also found out they do not allow any cameras inside - I was desparately hoping for some awesome artistic shots of such an amazing piece of our history. But check out this link for general information on the scrolls: http://www.sdnhm.org/scrolls/dss_faqs.html; or http://www.sdnhm.org/scrolls/index.html for general information on the exhibit. I'm so excited!

4) Flying/Travelling by myself for the first time ever! I could hardly sleep this morning, I was already anticipating what would happen if I overslept Friday and missed my flight. I'm getting too paranoid! Just got to pray about it and leave the details w/ the Lord, I over-plan for pretty much everything I do. I have to TRUST He will care for me and that things will come together.

5) Katie Brannan hugs! I know that if you know Katie, you KNOW what I'm talking about!

6) Blessings by conversation, fellowship, laughter, sunshine, sleepiness, and catching up w/ old college roommates. So worth a tired week at work afterward.

Can't wait to see you Katie!!

No comments:

Post a Comment