Tuesday, April 21, 2009

I talk more than I do.

I'd like to believe I'm a pretty adventurous, spontaneous person.

But the truth is I am not.

I panic when I see or hear about spiders.

I get anxious and nervous sitting in the seats at amusement park rides when I consider the speed and heights I'll have to endure.


I imagine random road trips with friends and the adventures that would ensue - but I've only done it once (KC w/ Mike & David - but I left a note for my parents first so they wouldn't worry & I hopefully wouldn't get in trouble. Which I did.)


I prefer "planned" spontaneity - but can that even really exist?



For Emily's birthday in May, she wants me (& others) to go skydiving with her!

AAAAHHHHHH!!!!

I SO want to do this. The minute I clicked on the website my heart began to pitter-patter rather quickly, I got really hot (is it normal to get hot flashes when you're scared/anxious/nervous/excited?), and I think I had a minor panic attack :)

But it also seems really thrilling - a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.



And it's Emily's 21st birthday! How exciting.

Do you think it's crazy to hurl yourself out of a plane with someone strapped to your back and trusting some nylon (?) to bring you safely to the ground?

I need some advice - should I do it?

Would you do it?


Have you done it?

I want to hear from you - let me know your thoughts on this by posting to the comments.

Thanks in advance for your help in making a (somewhat) informed decision.
*Photo courtesy of the skydiving website - link listed above.

3 comments:

  1. The only way to become adventurous is to fight your fears. Dont think - just DO! That may be why we are so spontaneous!

    Hilary and Em did it in Texas and LOVED it, and i've heard of others doing it.

    Personally, this is not something I've ever wanted to do. I would not do it. You? Only you can decide.

    There are other forms of adventurousness - like when you want to do a roadtrip: DO IT. Like when you get an idea you'd like to suprise a friend by showing up at her place: DO IT.

    You dont have to skydive to be adventurous. But you do have to take a step to get outside of your box!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. When things like this come up, go for it. It's cliche, but if you don't jump (ha. pun.) at opportunities like these, things can get in the way and you may never get the chance again.

    Will you take my camera up there? Definitely something that needs to be videotaped. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I read on the website that they tape your experience for you - I'll either be panic-ing the whole time, swearing, or talking about how I'm going to puke or pee my pants....should make for an entertaining video :)

    ReplyDelete