Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Where I've Been....& where I want to go.

I found this from my sister's blog and just thought it'd be an easy way to jump back into my blogging - it's been a while. Below are maps of the states and the countries I've visited.
visited 17 states (34%)


visited 4 states (1.77%)
Create your own visited map of The World or try another Douwe Osinga project

I love to travel. I love to fly - I know airports are a hassle, but I love them. I think I've complained that I never get a chance to do it - but as I've been reflecting on the last couple of years, I've gotten to do quite a bit!

August 2007 - San Diego to visit Katie

November 2007 - New York/Niagara Falls & Canada with Jess

March 2008 - Colorado with Andrea & Julianna

August 2008 - Washington D.C. to visit Christie

November 2008 - Chicago with my friends from church


I'm itching for some more. I've thrown around Nashville. I'd love to go to Las Vegas - I went there in 8th grade, but I'd love to go again. Somewhere northwest like Oregon or Seattle. I think the next destination will be a roommate reunion w/ Katie, AO, & hopefully Kelly in Chicagoland!!


On a completely unrelated note, I've decided to give up pop for 2009. Yep, me, who was having it every day - my Mountain Dew & Code Red craving has actually not been that bad....until today. But so far, I've been given the strength not to give in (plus it helps I don't have cash for the vending machines!) I'm not one to be big on New Year's resolutions, but I needed a deadline - or a starting point I guess is a better term. So around December 27th, I planned to give it up. I'd been sick for several days and worked my way through a bunch of 7UP and a gifted 2 liter of Code Red in only a couple of days. It's just something I don't need anymore. I need the change for my health. So as of January 1st, I am no longer drinking pop. I'm not going to cry a tear if come April I change my mind. But I'm shooting for the whole year - and I'm going to do the read-through-the-bible-in-year again, so I thought these could go hand in hand. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. Dont give in!!!!!!!! Avoiding pop is so so good for you. It's worth it! And you find that water is the ultimate thirst quencher, i drink it more than anything else now. We gave up pop when we started farrells, and i havent really gone back. Just an occassional one when eating out, nowadays.

    Do it! Stick to your guns! Say no until Jan 1, 2010!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is my ultimate goal - but kind of like you, if we're eating out this summer and I have a pop w/ a meal, I don't think it will be the end of the world, but I'm not putting it in my mind as an option, so hopefully it won't even come to that!

    ReplyDelete