Monday, December 08, 2008

Here are my random facts o' the day....

1. As I drove to work this morning, I slowed down for a rabbit/bunny crossing the street, when all of a sudden it stops its forward motion and literally begins chasing its tail....in a circle....like a dog. I thought it was going crazy. It may have been. Crazy Rabbit....literally :)

2. I should not be allowed to bake stuff. Seriously. Of my recent attempts (Snickerdoodles-uber failure, but still had a decent taste, not sure how; and Sugar cookies) I have never felt more frustration in the kitchen. I remember joys of baking with Mom as a child. Not so much fun as the adult. But I'm confident the cookies will taste lovely, they were just not a treat to whip up.

3. I got to leave work 2 hours early today! Woo-woo for VTO. Got the cookies done, going to work out, maybe watch Munich since it's due at the library on Wednesday, and get some sleep early since the snow's a-coming. Pray for my drive to work tomorrow!!

4. I feel like a teenager lately. Weird. Maybe it's because I've been spending more time with them this semester! But I love it, I love the girls (and guys) I've been getting to know at youth group. I love the leaders I work with. I love the adults who are teaching me and challenging me. I love this "semester", if you will (as I'm not really in school anymore - but it's a good way to measure time).

5. And last but not least. Looking forward to some great events - Christmas holidays with my family & friends (carolling, gifts, Christmas Eve service, chili, treats, laughter, tears), Impact in January, hopefully Nashville in March, possibly South Dakota in July. Throw in an Office party, some game nights, youth group events, and a few road trips. Should make for a fun start to 2009.

1 comment:

  1. *Sigh*

    There is so much to say on the topic of marriage and love. Marcus & I have learned a LOT about it...and about what a COMMITMENT looks like. We are watching close friends of ours get divorced. Some as young as 26 (our age!), others have been married for more than 26 YEARS.

    Love is not a fairy tale. There are moments, but love is work. I heard a GREAT quote by Will Smith (of all people!) the other day. I just shared it w/ marcus last night b/c it was so impacting. I will look for it or see if I can paraphrase. cause it was awesome.

    Marriage is tough. Sometimes it's not even fun or enjoyable. Other times you think this is the best thing in life. enjoy your seasons...for when it is gone, it is gone. There is extreme value in singleness and in healing a heart and waiting on the Lord.

    I'll look for that quote now...

    ReplyDelete