Thursday, November 06, 2008

Randoms...

*To add an additional 'random' - can't forget that we live in a state that is 75+ degrees on Tuesday/Wednesday to turn to snow and highs of only 39 by Friday....ridiculous. I'm praying for a calm, light winter - bring on the cold, praying for less precipitation! First time I'll have to commute, not sure what to expect - pray for my safety and that of the other drivers on the road!!

Over the last few days random things have been brought to mind or have happened and I thought I'd share some of them here.

-Randomly remembered the road trip I took with Mike H & David D in 2003 to visit Jeff & Lisa T in Kansas City for the 4th of July. It was the first time I really did something spontaneous without telling anyone....and I got a lecture from Mom for taking a 14-year old out of the state without his parent's approval - I could have been arrested, according to her :) Great memory, we were only there for 18 hours before we had to come back home!

-I just got promoted today!! These were the comments from my supervisor:
"L consistently meets & exceeds the performance, adherence and attendance guidelines set within M*. She is a quick learner and eager to excel in her job. L displays excellent customer service skills as well as portrays a professional tone and solid product knowledge, when speaking with the insureds. She has received numerous compliments and awards for her outstanding customer service. Some of which are: 'Conservation - The Most Saves' for July and September 2008; '97% & Above for Adherence', 'Obtaining the Insured's Phone Number on Every Call', & 'Overall MVP for Meeting Benchmarks' for the motivational baseball game, played within the call center, to improve overall stats. She portrays a positive attitude and embraces change as growth opportunity. L is very well deserving of this promotion and a great asset to M*."

To any of you who have heard about this year - it's been challenging! (A stressful 3 month project that finally ended after 10 months!!) So thank you B* & M* for this promotion , it couldn't have come at a better time. I feel honored, recognized for the hard work that I have put in, and validated for my job performance. I am very humbled and grateful to be recognized in this way.

-I noticed I still have teeth marks on one of my shoes from a random friend who jokingly said they'd eat my shoe, put it in their mouth, and then bit it. That was almost a year ago.

-I enjoy inside jokes. Like divots. And flying ponies. Writing like the unibomber. Mmmbop.

1 comment:

  1. WOrd to the promo! I got your msg late last night. Awesome!

    we're going to be hanging out in boone for awhile tonight - we'll not get there until 9:30, so maybe a few hours to hang, but we're staying at mom and dads.

    l8tr.

    ReplyDelete