Thursday, January 31, 2008

Man, what happened?

I was all about getting better at posting to my blog, and it just hasn't happened yet! I'd like to say I've kept busy, which I kind of have, but on the flip side, I've had a lot of time where I could have gotten out of my house to go to a coffee shop for some internet access, but it seems I just haven't done it yet. Sorry blog world - Jess, thanks for the comment, I needed a little push :)

Work's been CRAZY! There are several different call centers in my company, one of which is only able to handle about 600 calls a day, and for a few weeks were receiving 1800-2200! Probably not hard to figure it out, but that's a lot of people who are not receiving good service from their policies! So they pulled 8 of us out of our call center to help them out - 8 out of 30-ish! They wanted to try and balance out our service levels. We received crash-course training in 2 1/2 days (after already taking calls for a day or 2!) But thankfully, we're better prepared, we know how to access & utilize completely different resources, and are now helping out until the next class of new hires have been trained. Thankfully, the call volumes have lessened extremely in the last day or 2, so it's much more manageable now. Too bad they didn't pull us out prior to annual reviews, I could have used it to fight for a bigger raise! Oh well, it's always good to be a team player. It definitly changed things up, keeps my on my toes. The only down side was it was so stressful for a few days before we could have actual training that I dreamed about work for about a week. Nobody wants to work all day and then dream about it all night, just to get up and do it all over again. Thankfully, that's come to an end recently too, my dreams are much more pleasant again :)

I'll try to post some pictures soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment