Thursday, July 26, 2007

So much fun stuff.....I don't know if I can stand the anxiety

Last night my sisters and I got ice cream at Hickory Park and I was joking about asking to sit at the bar.....the ice cream bar, because it looked kind of busy and all we wanted was ice cream. My sisters dared me to ask the host to sit at the bar, and I totally did it. At first he looked kind of uncertain, like he felt bad he had to tell me there was no bar, but then I threw in "....the ice cream bar." He totally cracked up, I think he thought I was funny. So then I told him my name and that when they announce our table was ready, they could just say over the loudspeaker, "Happy Birthday Lindsay," to which he continued to laugh. I love to entertain. We then proceeded to make dares for Kel & Jess - Kel came out of the bathroom with a long piece of toilet paper trailing from her flip flop. Jess got up and signed with the servers when they sang the happy birthday song - unfortunately they did the Do-ah-diddy song instead of the Happy Happy Birthday song, so she wasn't as prepared :) We enjoyed some silly pictures and a few entertaining games of Hangman on the back of the menus, just like old times. We had done Great Plains for dinner, love their take-home cups.

The night just continued to get better - Jess drove us around in her new (used) Allero, a beautiful, white, sleek car. It made me want to find my own! So we drove to the dealership and spent another 2-2 1/2 hours looking at cars and test driving a cute charcoal Dodge Neon that I really like, it's affordable, and has pretty good mileage....now I can't stop throwing numbers and loan questions and financing words around in my brain. Thankfully the Lord gave me peace and let me sleep through the night - even though it was only about 5 1/2 hours.

THEN....I got to work this morning, geared with all the information I have to research loans and insurance stuff, and Cheryl handed me a brand new copy of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows. I can't even wait to start it! But I am refraining while on the job, because the phone interrupting me will get really annoying really fast. So it sits neatly on the corner of my desk, waiting to be taken home and devoured.

I was trying to get some time off work tonight so I can call banks, get my driver's license renewed, clean up the apartment and maybe even make it back to Ames to look at the car again. Basically to have some time to do all the hectic details to get organized for my exciting weekend. I have these 4 "bonus" hours, I don't even know what that really means, but I am trying to use them to get off early and haven't heard a response yet whether I've been approved or denied :( It's already after 11, I may be stuck here all day, I guess I'll survive...

....at least there is a lot to look forward to!

No comments:

Post a Comment