Sunday, June 24, 2007

I LOVE THE RAIN!!!

Friday was the greatest day of the week. Around 2:30 we were taking calls and an announcement came over the speakers to take shelter, we were under a tornado warning. We all shuffled out, I wasn't sure where we were to go, I lost sight of all my teammates so I just milled in the lobby. Eventually the guards told us we couldn't stay in the hall so I followed my trainer into the women's restroom. We stood around for half an hour until they told us it was clear.
I was so bummed, I hate missing awesome weather. My desk is in the center of the room so I could hardly see what was happening all day. But the last hour I watched across the room and around 4pm, the windows to the east still looked overcast and cloudy, but at the same time, to the west it was almost pitch black. It looked like it was 9pm or later. I went to leave at 4:30 and it was downpouring. I mean, blowing, dumping, heaving rain. People milled around the door, debating what to do. Others said umbrellas almost seemed pointless because it was blowing so hard.
I didn't want to hang out at work all night, I didn't know how long it would last......so I ran for it. Then I hydroplaned most of the way home; our street and parking lot were flooding, looked like flowing rivers going over the speedbumps.

I've never gotten so soaked....so I thought I'd share it all with you. It was awesome. I love rain.



My shoes and socks were so wet that I was squishing out water everytime I took a step on the floor in my bathroom.

BRING ON THE SUMMER STORMS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment