Thursday, August 11, 2011

New Discovery

This are kind of random, but here you go:

I was never good at braiding when I was younger. I would only ever attempt it on my Barbies - and just your regular, normal braid. French braiding was out of the question.

When we were in Latvia a couple months ago, it was a common occurrance to shower right before bed, and it was too hot to think about blow drying & I was always too tired anyway. So I had Emily french-braid my hair most nights before bed - much less scary in the morning than if I'd just gone to bed & woken up all crazy/flat/hair plastered to my head.

Last month I had just gotten busy or lazy or procrastonated showering until late in the evening (& I hate showeringin the morning), so I talked Jess into braiding my hair on a couple of occasions before bed. Well, one night, she was not home (or refused to do it for me :) ), so I haphazardly attempted my own french braid - it took forever :) It felt all wrong & messy....but when I looked in the mirror, it was straight, not too bumpy, & actually looked pretty good! I had not attempted a french braid since I was probably 8 or 10 years old.

So off & on when I shower too late or don't want to dry my hair, I've been doing the french-braid. Jess was mad because it always looked nicer than her attempts for me :) So we tested the theory about braiding someone else's hair - which I assumed would be easier. However, it wasn't! I tried to braid her hair one night, and not that it was terrible, but for whatever reason, I do a better job doing my own. Who'da thunk it?

No comments:

Post a Comment