Friday, February 05, 2010

Do you know anything about dream interpretations?

So, I don't believe much in dream interpretation, but it's interesting to think about especially with recurring dreams.

Mine of late has been animal attacks.

We'll be at some family/friend type gathering, just hanging out, when all of a sudden we discover a gigantic grizzly bear or some other beast (gorilla, hippo-type animal, etc.) chilling nearby. It's always come upon suddenly & the animal is usually sleeping or minding its own business. I usually run for cover and the bear's attention is caught from the attempt to shut a door or get cover. I've never actually been attacked, I get to the point where I see the animal charging full speed at me but I've shut a door and am just waiting to see if it busts through when I wake up.

According to random websites some interpretations are:

1 - Bear is significant of overwhelming competition in pursuits of every kind.
2 - If a bear is pursuing you in your dream this is a sign that you will experience some financial losses in business.
3 - A young woman who dreams of a bear will have a threatening rival or some misfortune.
4 - A bear in a dream often symbolizes a mother figure. The behavior of the bear, whether it is uncaring, possessive or devouring, can indicate how you feel towards your own mother.

SO INTERESTING!!

(And Mom, I don't know what that means for us :) )

I think it started recurring after Christmas Eve when we watched some Discovery Channel/Animal Planet show that showed some really intense & close encounters between researchers and polar bears. I've never actually dreamed about polar bears yet. I've had variations of the dream at least 3-4 times in the last month...what could this mean?? Any of the above? Who knows :)

I'm just thankful I wake up before anything really bad actually happens!!!

2 comments:

  1. This is like my tornado dreams! But different. I can def. say that they are in regards to what is happening in life, or that day, when i have the dream. I think there IS meaning behind it, but i'm just not sure what. worth exploring things going on in your life between then and now! Can you pinpoint any specifics?

    Very interesting. But I wouldn't weigh it against the things you found - just pray about it and you'll recognize it. Weird right! I remember watching that show at Christmas...on tv.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, one of the dreams involved one of my highschoolers getting pushed out of the tree in our back yard by the bear's enormous paws & razor sharp claws. That one was the day after we got back from IMPACT :)

    ReplyDelete