Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Whaa....2 posts in the same day?

So, many of you probably know I've moved back to Boone. And I know, it might be a little lame, or not that exciting, but I wanted to share my new place with you. This is the first time I've ever lived on my own. The first time to buy "grown up" things like furniture, dishes; be responsible to put the rent check in the mail :) I've always had roommates before, it's my first time doing these things. So here's a tour of my new place.
The gift Mom got for my new place - the welcome mat:

The view across the living room from the front door, looking into my bedroom - yep, I still have some unpacking to do:

My bedroom - still in need of some organization, and some decoration on the walls:

You have to go through my bedroom to get to my bathroom. I hung a sheet as a makeshift "door". But the nice thing about living alone is I don't have to worry so much about keeping the door closed! I hung this mostly for privacy for friends and family who visit.

The previous tenant left the shower curtain and there is a cute little cubby in the wall - perfect access to the early morning necessities :)


The view from my bedroom to the other side of the living room (front door to the right):

Through the door to the left of the living room is my lovely, spacious kitchen.

As you can see, still more unpacking to do...

This might be weird, but look at all the great garage sale/Goodwill finds! 2 full sets of dishes, coffee mugs, glasses from Walmart, pans and Tupperware:

I love the little alcove for my kitchen table - which came from The Furniture Zone in Boone that I didn't even know existed - so many great deals. The table came with 2 leaves and 2 extra chairs......which I keep in my storage closet! I can't believe how much space I have in this apartment. Now I just need to get organized and figure out the "place" for everything. I'm not a super neat or clean person, but I do like things to have their own place, or pile :)


I am using the front closet for my clothes. During Floods of '08, my bedroom closet had some leaking from the chimney above it, so this was going to be a temporary thing. But as you can see, I completely fill BOTH rows of the closet! So I'm thinking this might stay permanently.And of course, there are still a few things to be unpacked and organized:Now, this might not come as a surprise to many of you, but I HATE sweating in the summer - so Joel was so great to put in a BRAND NEW AIR CONDITIONER!! Woo-woo!

Well, guess that's it for now, give me a call if you're ever nearby and I'll have you over!!

No comments:

Post a Comment